Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DANISH MODERN BATHROOMS

Danish Modern (inspired) bathrooms

 Okay I admit none of these bathrooms are actually Danish, they are however modern, but there was something about each of them that made me think they would be appropriate with DM decor.

You all know how much I love MCM and DM furniture, but I confess I have zero love for mid century bathrooms and kitchens.  Most of the ones I've seen are horrible mid century colors...powder pink....milky blue...sea foam green...yuck.  I apologize if I've just insulted your mid century bathroom or kitchen, just my opinion.
  These bathrooms with their abundance of wood have a zen like quality which I always associate with Danish Modern.  Let's look.
Warm and relaxing.

Exactly what I would want after a long stressful day.

A wee bit too sparse for me, but I do like this in theory.  Check out the next pic....

Somewhat disconcerting, right?

Love the cabinetry here.  I know I'm probably the pickiest person when it comes to flooring but I would definitely prefer something less busy.

These gorgeous sinks remind me of boats.

This one's made from coconut husks.

I love the idea of a wooden bathtub!  Does anyone know if these can be cleaned as well as a regular tub?  Is there a slight  ick factor here?

The perfect solution....a porcelain tub with a wooden frame.  Love the cabinets, although the sinks remind me of the dentists office.

The coolest sink ever!  Love.
Do you love authentic mid century bathrooms and kitchens?  Have you ever renovated one?

Have a beautiful day.
yancey

2 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I just want my next bathroom to have such a deep soaking tub I have to wear a life jacket!

Braxton and Yancey said...

I absolutely agree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...