Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm dreaming of a mod christmas

As I think I've mentioned before, I don't entirely embrace any of the recognised religions, which allows me (I think, anyway) to participate in the holidays any damn happy way I wish. So, this year I'm indulging in the cherished and pagan traditions of over eating, the over playing of cheesy muzak, and my favorite, over decorating.
I've been dreaming of a mod christmas, but honestly, I didn't think I'd be able to find what I was looking for so easily. Braxton and I were in Target last weekend buying Toy Story 3 (shhh, his birthday is Thurs.) and I thought we would just casually make our way over to the christmas dept. and see what they had. Oh my gosh, it was like a christmas miracle. Mod Decorations!!! Lookie what I got.
Way cool wrapping paper. These remind me of Dr. Seuss.

These are actually heart shaped which you could have seen for yourself had I been smart enough to turn the boxes around.


I just can't get enough of purple and pink together.



Just cuz I couldn't resist. Apparently you can buy this tree from christmastreesgalore.

Question: To any of you who are vegetarians or are having vegetarian guests for Thanksgiving - what are you serving in place of the turkey? I could really use some new ideas. Please share.
Peace,
Yancey



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...