Monday, December 13, 2010

A rose by any other name

As you may have heard by now, Pantone has proclaimed their color of the year.  And the winner is....honeysuckle, or as I call it, pink.  Thank you pantone for making me stylish for once.

Let me show you some of the newly fashionable pink around my house.  
These are the pink and orange (a daring yet favorite combination) panels in my bedroom. Pantone Color of the Year 2011: Honeysuckle
 Pantone honeysuckle, gorgeous, yes?My bathroom, which I promise really is pink with lots of white trim and black accents.

My hot pink armour in my living room which also has lots of orange accents.

 My pink and black foyer.
 Have you noticed a fondness for hot pink with black and white?
What are your favorite combinations involving pink?
This is one of my favorite pink rooms which includes soft pink and soft greys with lots and lots of white.

I love the combination of green and pink in this rug.This fantastic bedroom has lots of shades of pink mixed with some oranges, yellow and even red.

Does everyone remember last year when the pantone color of the year was turquoise?  A really pretty color, but I've always thought turquoise doesn't play well with others, whereas pink seems to compliment all other colors.  Can you think of an color that never works with pink?

photo credits:  yancey williams, house beautiful

Peace,
Yancey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...