Remember our friends max and sophia from Monday's post? Like any good (or bad) vampire, or lover of vampires, they love nothing more than a masked ball. Vampires tend to dress up, and as you know max and sophia are naturally dramatic, beautiful, and fond of the grand gesture, so..........it's off to the VENICE CARNIVAL.
|Vamps tend to have very clear coloring. They either have black, platinum or bright red hair, no mousy brown/blond, and they have bright clear eyes, often blue.|
|The Venice carnival is the perfect place for a vampire to blend in with the crowd.|
|Classic vampire colors, shades of red and gold.|
|I wonder how heavy these headresses are.|
BLEEDING TRUFFLES (ALSO KNOWN AS VAMPIRE'S BALLS).*
|Our assembled ingredients.|
|Chopping the chocolate.|
|Stirring in the heated cream.|
|This is exactly what I thought a Vampire's ball would look like.|
|Two Vampires balls.|
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup red jam
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan and scald it until bubbles begin to appear, but do not allow it to boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to soften and melt the chocolate while you gently stir.
- Add the vanilla and stir until well combined, but do not stir too vigorously or you will incorporate air bubbles.
- Cover the truffle mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to mold, about 2/3 hours.
- This part is messy! Coat your hands with cocoa powder. Using a spoon or scoop, scoop out a small ball of chocolate. Flatten between your palms until it is a thin round. If chocolate is too soft chill further until it is easier to work with.
- Place a tiny spoonful of jam in the center, and fold the truffle over the jam to cover it completely, shaping into a ball. Roll in the cocoa powder.
* This recipe is courtesy of About.com.
Have a beautiful day.