Friday, October 7, 2011

BEFORE PICS OF OUR STUDIO/OFFICE.....WAY, WAY BEFORE

Okay, I didn't want to scare you right off the bat with our studio.  Thought I'd ease into it....
You may remember this gorgeous home office from yesterdays post.  This I love.  Braxton hasn't signed off on it yet, but I'm campaigning for a black and white color scheme.  B/W figures prominently in the rest of our house, it's sophisticated, easy on the eyes, and you can add pops of color to liven things up a bit.

 Time for the looong trip back to reality.......this is our studio/office as it is today.  I  must really like you guys, because no one gets to see this part of the house usually.  Welcome to command central.
This is the long view of the room.  Remember, this was originally a single car garage which we turned into an art studio for our daughters, both oil painters.  We are slowly transforming it into the studio/office space for braxton and yancey and BY design (our furniture design business).

This is my planning/dreaming/clean space.  It's technically a drafting table, although I never actually tilt it.  I draw and design here....oh, and twirl the chair back and forth....a lot.

This is Braxton's dirty space.  Notice the tools hanging above the desk....he's tidy like that.  This is where he makes lamps and other things.

Braxton's clean space.  This is where he designs and makes quick drawings of ideas for future designs.

The Computer desk.  This is where I post and do research for the blog.  Whenever Braxton sits here, there is lots and lots of cussing because Minerva ( what, you don't name your computer?) is slower than his PC.

One end of the room has double french doors.  Even though the room is partially under ground there really is quite a lot of natural light.  I rarely turn on the lights in the daytime.

The stairs, which we painted blue along with the desk lamps,  leading down to the office from the main house. 
 Let's move on to the fun stuff....the following are office/studios that I love.  These will  go on the inspiration board (once I make one) for our space.
 

This has much more white than I had in mind, but I love the clean vibe.  The super shiny desk top will really throw a lot of light around.

Oh my God, the chairs.  Heaven.  I would love to hang black and white photos and I think the black frames are really sharp.  My walls are already white, so this could actually work for me.

Industrial chic.  Nice, but not quite right for us.

A little too clinical, but again, black and white.
 I am definitely considering a black and white rug.  It will have to be modern in design and I would like it to have more black than white.  What do you think?


Love the nature motif.

Perhaps my favorite.

Yes please!

If I can't convince Braxton to go with the trippy zebra, I also like this more sophisticated choice.
 I would love to trade out my blue lamps for black ones, although we will probably opt to re-paint the ones we already have.

 Actually, the following really isn't my style, too country, but I do love the pedestal fan in the corner, and the black wire trash can.  Nice.
Now that I've bared my soul, and my studio.....I would love your opinion.  Any ideas?   Does anyone have a black and white rug?  Is it difficult to keep clean?
My plan is to give little updates on our progress every Friday.  Now that I've put it in writing, I have to do it, right?

We are expecting beautiful weekend weather here in Virginia.  I hope the same for you.
Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

4 comments:

Braxton and Yancey said...

Wow, the zebra skin carpeting is out there! Love the B/W story. You had me at "Yes, please."... :) Brax

.sabo skirt. said...

The black and white motif for interior design is perfect. The use of black and white in decorating gives a fresh, clean, and unquestionably sophisticated and elegant look to any room.:)

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Diana said...

What a nice creative space you guys have! I love the idea of zebra carpet on the stairs.

Braxton and Yancey said...

.sabo skirt. and Diana,
Thank you so much for your input - we love getting others opinions!
Have a beautiful day.
Yancey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...