Thursday, October 27, 2011

SPEAKING OF ORANGE

"Orange is the happiest color." 
Frank Sinatra
 This weeks muse has reminded me how much I love the color of... sunshine, my morning juice, my neighbors cat, Hermes boxes,  our art glass collection.....and all things orange!
The energy of red + the happiness of yellow = the perfection which is orange.


To the eye the color orange reads very warm and actually gives the sensation of heat.  Orange increases oxygen to the brain thus stimulating the mind with creative energy.
 Orange is considered a healing color which stimulates the appetite (notice how many restaurants use the color orange, especially the fast food variety).
 In Feng Shui orange is a social color best used in the more public areas of a home such as the living room, dining room/kitchen, and children's areas.
Our orange Chakra represents sexuality and reproduction.
 In color studies, the color orange elicits the strongest "love" or "hate" responses of any other color.

In Elizabethan England the law dictated who could wear the color orange based on wealth and social standing.
 Orange is stimulating and highly visible to the eye, making it useful in times of emergency.

"Orange is red brought nearer to humanity by yellow"  Wassily Kandinsky
 The native Americans considered orange a sign of kinship.
In the Netherlands, where they have an annual "orange festival", orange is the national color.
In China and Japan orange symbolizes happiness and love.
If you drive a orange car you are considered fun-loving, talkative, and trendy.
"An orange on the table, your dress on the rug, and you in my bed, sweet present of the present, cool of night, warmth of my life."
Jacques Prevert
Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

2 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

I love orange. I've lived in an orange house, and I've had an entirely orange room (a little overwhelming, I must say)! I also went through a phase where I dyed a bunch of clothes orange. Heheeh! What can I say, I love it!

Braxton and Yancey said...

Leslie,
Wow, you've got us beat! Our hats are off to you oh queen of the orange.
Have a beautiful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...