Friday, December 2, 2011

THE WOMEN WHO ROCK IN STYLE

 Once again, this is not about the music, it's about the fashion.  The sartorial contributions of the following women have been hugely important and lasting.  With a couple of exceptions, Amy Lee and Courtney Love, these women have been around long enough to have influenced us all, as well as each other, and continue to be copied by younger generations. 
                                                          
                                                               STEVIE NICKS                                                        
I've always thought of SN as a white witch....beautiful sexy and  ethereal.

Because of her petite frame (she stands at 5ft. 1in.) she developed a love of platform boots with six inch heels.
                                                              JANIS JOPLIN
 "I may be the first hippie pin up girl" 
Janis Joplin
 "I'm one of those regular weird people"
Janis Joplin
                                                               AMY LEE
 "It might not look it but rocking in a corset is harder than you think"  Amy Lee
 "Honestly I just wear when I like.  You know why?  Because I can, I'm a rock star"  Amy Lee
                                                                       CHRISSIE HYNDE

I love how absolutely true Chrissie is to her look.  Always the same hair, always the same make up, even now.

                                                                     PATTI SMITH
 "I like gittin old"  Patti Smith

                                                                            JOAN JETT

 "I'm concentrating on staying healthy, having peace, being happy, remembering what's important, taking in nature and animals, spending time reading, trying to understand the universe, where science and the spiritual meet"  Joan Jett
                                                                        COURTNEY LOVE
 "I found my inner bitch and I ran with her"  Courtney Love
 "The boys can take off their shirts when they get hot, so why can't I"  Courtney Love
Have a beautiful weekend.
YANCEY

4 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

Love love! Patti & Joan are my faves.

Braxton and Yancey said...

Leslie,
I especially love that JJ quote!
Have a great weekend.

DeliaDee said...

I wish I could be Stevie Nicks!!!

Braxton and Yancey said...

DeliaDee,
You and me both, love her style!
Yancey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...