Monday, March 5, 2012

BOND, JAMES BOND

James Bond - Code Name 007
 I definitely remember my first Bond movie, who doesn't?  It's a right of passage.  I was probably in Jr. High School, it starred Roger Moore, and I don't remember the name of the movie, but I do remember this....my father laughed so hard I seriously thought he would choke...or worse.  I was slightly embarrassed (Jr. High, remember) but also charmed that a grown man could be so taken in by a movie, I had never seen him so down right giddy thanks to a silly bit of Hollywood entertainment...and I've love James Bond ever since.


James Bond means different things to different people, depending on which movie in the franchise was their first.   There have been seven J.B.'s over the span of 46 years and 22 films.  Everyone has a favorite Bond, the Bond of their childhood, usually.
 Even though my first time was with Roger Moore, he was never my favorite...my favorite Bond has to be Pierce Brosnan, in fact I think Mr. B. could still play bond today.  When Daniel Craig makes his final Bond movie, and he probably already has, I think Hollywood would be wise to consider bringing back Pierce B., after all they brought back Sean Connery, right?  If Pierce Brosnan is considered too old for the role, I vote for Clive Owen as the next 007.
Who's your favorite Bond?  Who would you like to see replace Daniel Craig?

There is so much to like about Daniel Craig...I really appreciate his athleticism, he moves like a dancer...but I really don't think James Bond would pout!  Why is this man always pouting?

Oh yeah.

I think Roger Moore's Bond was the the most tongue in cheek,  cute and silly but not exactly sexy.

I believe that Daniel Craig was the only Bond to believably fall in love...and actually cry.

Let's talk about the fantastic interiors of the Bond movies...there were some doozies, especially in the Sean Connery era.


 "When I wrote the first one in 1953, I wanted Bond to be an extremely dull, uninteresting man to whom things happen.  I wanted him to be a blunt instrument...when I was casting around for a name for my protagonist I thought by God, James Bond is the dullest name I've ever heard"  Ian Fleming 1962

 Can you name all the actors who have played 007?
Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Sean Connery (again), Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig.
Feel free to insert your own naughty caption here.

Let's talk about the Bond Girls...this being perhaps the most famous...Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder.  Raise your hand if you remember any of the other silly names for the Bond Girls.  We'll talk.

 James Bond is the longest running and second highest grossing film franchise of all time.

Yes, at least one Bond had a round bed...and plenty of manly chest hair!

Love this campy poster for From Russia With Love.
Join me this week for some campy sexy fun as we explore James Bond as muse...how could this week not be fun?
Have a beautiful day.
yancey

2 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

As one married to a JB lover....I would have to say that there never has been a Bond that quite measured up to Sean Connery (tradition you know) ...although Pierce Brosnan makes a mighty close second. Rick always liked the name of Bond Girl "Pussy Galore"....right. And when Jill St. John kept going in and out of the room...as a red head, a blonde and a brunette. She askes, "Which do you prefer?"...and he replies, "As long as the collar and cuffs match....." Many classic Bond lines.

Braxton and Yancey said...

Oh my that's hysterical! I've never seen that one with Connery and Jill St. John...obviously it simply must be seen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...