Friday, March 18, 2011

Styling 101

Notice how I titled this post? So much confidence, so much conviction. It's as if I am about to gift you with some highly useful styling guide. Do not be fooled. As stated before, I have zero interior design experience, other than my own house, and zero formal education. What I do have is an insatiable desire to learn and a desire to bring my house up to the next level. So let's get started.



This is the before, of a table I have in my living room.  This spot was previously used, and photographed for this blog, as a bar.  Over time we've drunk gotten rid of all the alcohol and are now left with glassware and a ice bucket.  Doesn't quite make sense does it?


Here I've changed out the photographs of the girls, which were a little too formal, and replaced them with these fantastic paintings from our darling daughter and her darling boyfriend.  I then moved the lamp to the other side and replaced the glasses with a orange tray.  Much better, yes?
The photos of our girls were then hung over this marble topped washstand (you'll just have to trust me on that), which is much more formal.  Better, yes?
Anyway, I've been so inspired by some of your blogs over the past year, that I wanted to apply some of the things I've learned.  Thank you guys for being so generous, and thank you for commenting and letting me know how I'm doing.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Yancey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...