Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CONSIGNING MONDAY

 Is anyone out there familiar with this china pattern?  Braxton and I found a 22 piece collection of dinner ware in this pattern at a consignment store yesterday.  It's called "Harvest Time" and was clearly produced in the mid 20th century.  The back ground of the dishes is white with a leaf motif in grey and pale gold with a darker brown/gold leaf.  I'll research Ben Seibel for Iroquois  later in the week and let you know what I find.
Isn't this gorgeous?

I love the softness of these leaves. 

There larger bowls are probably for soup or salad.

The salt and pepper shakers are probably my favorite pieces - to me they scream mid century.

This was probably meant to be a creamer - but I'll use it for salad dressings and other sauces.

The smaller bowls are golden brown on the inside and white on the outside.  Braxton and I have noticed this unusual color application seemed to be popular in the mid century.  Jonathan Adler has used this technique as have the designers for Target.

I love the organic (wonky?) shapes of the serving bowls.  Again, a design element that has fallen out of favor today.



Want to come to dinner?

The green glass thingy on the right is something else we found at the consignment store.

Doesn't glass look fantastic when placed in front of a window?

I've said it before - but I love the blue and green color combination.
I apologize for being awol yesterday.  My father was visiting over the weekend and I needed a day to recover - and clean up the house.  I hope you had a beautiful weekend!

If anyone is familiar with the Iroquois company or the Harvest Time pattern - please let me know.

Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

2 comments:

Christy & Connor said...

i LOVE the glass things! i've seen clear ones similar to those once in a while, and would love to acquire some someday when i'm living somewhere permanent... the china is also right up my ally. good finds!

Braxton and Yancey said...

Christy,
Thanks for your comment. We're having a great time using our new china - I still have not used ALL the pieces, but having fun trying.
Yancey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...