Monday, October 17, 2011

HORIZONTAL STRIPES

 If you've read any fashion magazines lately, you have to know that horizontal stripes are hot hot hot.  Ironic because I've always heard that horizontal lines are a definite fashion don't , especially for petites likes me.  Turns out (almost) anyone can wear a horizontal striped t-shirt with a dark skirt or pants.  Added bonus, if you are pear shaped the striped top can help balance out your shape.
So, what about horizontal stripes in decor?  Well, because our eye tends to follow a strip (or any line) a horizontal stripe can make a wall appear wider, it can also make the ceiling appear lower.  Not necessarily a bad thing....horizontal stripes are particularly great in a small room such as a bathroom or laundry room, and can really open up a hallway.
Horizontal stripes bring energy, and a cheeky playful casual look to a space.  Of course, the wider the stripe the bolder the outcome.  Here are some fun examples....





I fell in love with this room years ago.  Can't get it out of my mind.  A definite favorite!









You would have to wake up pretty early in the morning to come up with a bolder idea than this one.  This just makes me smile.


Would you decorate with horizontal stripes?
Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

2 comments:

Braxton and Yancey said...

Blogspot just ate my last comment, so here goes again. Love these rooms! Hard to pick a fav, but the green room gets my vote. Fresh way to rock the stripe! Brax

Olivia. said...

I have been looking all over for HORIZONTAL WALLPAPER for simply ages....I dont want to hang vertical wallpaper sideways as I have a problem with my arms....that's why I am trying to find a horizontal one I can hang as I normally would.
Regards, Olivia Stacey..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...