Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VERTICAL STRIPES

 We began this week of "stripes" with a post on horizontal stripes.  Naturally I couldn't let the week get away without posting about vertical stripes as well.
  Remember, the eye tends to follow a line or stripe weather it's from side to side (horizontal) or up and down (vertical).  Therefore, it makes sense that vertical stripes will make a wall appear taller.  Generally a good thing, especially when the room is large.  Let's look at some examples....
I'm not sure how they did this, but I do love it.


There is something about the combination of black/white/green that I'm loving right now.



Love that they carried this stripe across the ceiling.


The black and white stripe keeps this old fashioned room looking fresh and modern.

What's your opinion on horizontal stripes vs. vertical stripes?  Have you ever painted stripes?  What about wallpaper?
Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

1 comment:

Braxton and Yancey said...

I love it both ways, horizontal and vertical :), but my vote is for bold horizontal striping, I guess because it seem's fresher. We need to try this at AcornHill sometime! Brax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...