Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TOM FORD : THE DRESSES OF SPRING/SUMMER 2012

Tom Ford:  Spring/summer 2012 Collection

Straight up confession:  I'm not a big fan of jeans.  I always try to keep at least one decent pair in my wardrobe for super cold days or days when Braxton and I go up into the mountains to hike or otherwise enjoy nature, but I always seem to eventually paint in them and they become splattered with orange crush or bordello pink or whatever my latest obsession.

Truthfully I can't tell if your blue jeans set you back a whole $20.00 from H&M or if they cost a bomb because of the designer label, because to me all jeans look alike.  Exactly. Alike.

Now, if you want to talk dresses, or skirts, or frilly blouses...how much time do you have, because I've got all day!  I love dresses!  I almost never leave the house without a dress (or skirt) on.  And I love seeing you in dresses too.   Which is why I'm so excited about spring and the spring collections (have you seen what Marc Jacob's been up to lately?  Swoon!), because no one does the dress better than Mr. Ford.  Tom Ford actually received a lot of criticism for his S/S collection.  People said it was too reminiscent of past collections especially what he did while at YSL.  I think his consistency is one of his assets, with TF you know it's going to be feminine and wildly sexy.  What's not to love?

 My focus is really old-fashioned.  I want to do classic clothes.  I don't want to do trendy collections that swing around from season to season.  I want to do things that will stay in a woman's wardrobe a long time...quite "forever" pieces.

 Blouses with a loose, slouchy quality.  Something fitted at the waist and with a bondage(y) thing on the foot.

 I Streamlined things more this season.  I think I'm very classic, because what I do is always based on something you've seen before and yes, maybe there's something YSL about it.

 I think even if I had a million dollars to spend on a show, I'd still be doing this. (when asked about the smaller scale of the presentation)

 Mr. Ford's show was thoroughly Tom Ford in its sex appeal and silhouette - tigress hair, smoky eyes, glossy lips, taut skirts and strappy high heels.  (review in the NYT)
Tom Ford is the city's most shamelessly glamorous designer (Hamish Bowles)

Do you love to wear dresses?  Do you wear more dresses in the spring and summer than in the winter?  Do you feel sexier in a dress or in blue jeans?

Have a beautiful day.
YANCEY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...