Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THE ART OF LOVE

"Some people like to paint trees, I like to paint LOVE"  Robert Indiana
 One of my favorite artists, Robert Indiana, is famous for his LOVE art.  What began as a simple Christmas card became an iconic piece of American pop art.
I love his work so much, I've decided to scatter Mr. I's LOVE all over this post.


What you're about to see is sometimes cheesy (romance novel art) sometimes beautiful (decide for yourself)  sometimes kitchy (poster art) and all about LOVE!

 "You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams"  Dr. Seuss

 "You can't blame gravity for falling in love"  Albert Einstein

 "Falling in love is hard on the knees"  Aerosmith

 "Lay all your love on me"  ABBA

 "Can't get enough of your love babe"  Barry White

 "All you need is love"  The Beatles

 "Everybody loves somebody"  Dean Martin

 "You can't hurry love"  Diana Ross

I have no idea what these three are up to, but I think a good time was had by all.
BTW:  this is by the artist "shag"...love his work!
Do you have a favorite work of art depicting love?
Have a day filled with LOVE.
yancey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...