Tuesday, April 10, 2012

HAUTE COUTURE IN BLUE {AND A PAIR OF VERY NAUGHTY KNICKERS}

Haute Couture:  High Fashion
 I love haute couture.  Unlike the fashion/clothes we wear every day, or even on special occasions, haute couture is actual one of a kind, made to order, of the highest quality, by the hands of angels....ART.
These days haute couture is not even good business.  Most design houses actually lose money on HC, making ready to wear the main source of their income.
According to Wikkipedia, as of 2004 there were only nine high ranking couture houses left...Chanel, Dior, Gaultier, Givenchy, Lacroix, Mori, Sirop, Scherrer and Torrente....although this list is constantly changing.


Why do I love haute couture?  Because I love beauty.  I love art and those who make it, I love the fantasy, I love that such things exist in this world which can make us dream.


Enjoy these pictures of haute couture in blue...let them take your breath away!

















As promised:  Naughty Knickers
 B. and I went thrifting last weekend and ran into these!  A pair of handmade knickers from WWII.  These made us giggle like a couple of seventh graders.  As you can see - over the crotch is lovingly embroidered "military area - civilians keep away", over the right hip is a rather impressive dragon!  Nice work Madame! 


 Have a beautiful day.
yancey

3 comments:

Braxton and Yancey said...

Sorry for the correction, but I do NOT giggle. I want to make that perfectly clear. I may laugh, chortle, guffaw, chuckle, but never giggle. 6'2, 200 lb manly men dont giggle. Not ever :). Love the post. Brax

Leslie Richman said...

After all those fancy clothes, the naughty knickers are really more my style...very good stuff!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Do you suppose all the models who have their hair standing on end are wearing naughty knickers? Or just really bad wedgies?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...